Monday, April 27, 2009

Last night we found the Misty Dog had an abscess on her side, I began to work on trimming away her fur and cleaning the wound, trying not to feel guilty about checking over the beagle so carefully after their scuffle a week ago. The vet was able to get us in a 3:00 pm today and confirmed that the wound was from a dog bite. So now Misty is on antibiotics and getting spritzed with a topical antibiotic too. Misty is also wearing a cone and it is taking her some time to adjust to it. A-kid spent the day telling Misty that he hopes her boo-boo will get better in the nicest voice and we had to explain that the cone is like a band-aid to keep Misty from bothering the wound so it can heal. C-cat seems determined to get up and on the go. She was practicing standing and walking today while holding onto only one of my hands!! I find the learning to walk stage so hard because it always comes with a few tumbles, but so far C-cat seems to land on her tush with little pain, but lots of frustration. A-kid is a big fan of Underdog to Wonderdog on Animal Planet now and it if fun to watch it with him while C-cat nurses in the morning. I am still thankful that so much love and time was lavished on Misty while she was in the pound for over a year. Maybe it is the optimist in me, but I believe in second chances and in finding happy homes. I spent some time snuggling with B-girl tonight, it seems the warm weather is keeping her awake, and I can't believe how big she is getting. I was suprised to note today that even the size four dresses are looking short on B-girl, maybe it is just unrealistic to expect all the dresses and skirts to be knee length, and I have been adding shorts to go with her outfits. I am off to go sort a few pictures into files to add to the CD library and catch a few ZZZz'z.

No comments:

Post a Comment